Resources from the NCRTM on Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
The National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials (NCRTM) is your go-to resource for vocational rehabilitation information, technical assistance and training. The NCRTM is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA). The following resources include a sampling from the NCRTM.
Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC)
- WINTAC’s Pre-Employment Transition Services Pagecontains an overview of pre-employment transition services with information and links to promising practices and literature review; resources; training; laws, regulations and policies, and frequently asked questions, from the RSA-funded Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC).
- The literature review has an annotated bibliography for each of the five required Pre-ETS activities
- The Resources links highlights WINTAC resources, as well as Federal Resources and other external inks.
- Training links to numerous WINTAC and partner webinars related to Pre-ETS
- CRP Pre-ETS Guidebook: Strategies for Community Rehabilitation Providers to Collaborate on Pre-Employment Transition ServicesIf Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRPs) are going to provide Pre-ETS to student with disabilities, they will need to become versed in Pre-ETS, understand how to work and deliver services to younger students, and develop effective processes to collaborate with multiple partners.
State VR Programs
- Maryland Pre-ETS Community Rehabilitation Provider Resources– a suite of information for community rehabilitation providers to understand the requirements for becoming a Pre-ETS provider and completing required reports.
- Montana Youth and Pre-ETS– specific information for youth and families, as well as schools who may be eligible to receive VR and Blind Services (VRBS) funding. to provide Pre-ETS services. This site also describes Montana’s work-based learning opportunities.
Youth with Disabilities Resources LinksTransitioning into adulthood requires that youth with disabilities and their families carefully plan for the future. Workforce GPS compiled these resource links to support workforce professionals and other stakeholders help youth with disabilities and their families access services to facilitate a seamless transition during the formative years of development.